Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bad Meal....groan....

So today we decided to have company over for the first time ever. Our friends Paul and Elizabeth were married about 2 weeks after us, and prior to this evening had already invited us over for dinner at their home up in Round Rock. We had really tasty waffles at their house and played games.
So we decided to return the favor, and have them over for dinner.
(This is the key to developing friendships as a married couple, according to my mother. She says that people who aren't raised in barns get this, and that's how you go about making friends-- exchanging social graces. I just thought that was important to throw out there-- I am trying very hard.)
The thing is, not having many original ideas for what to make for dinner, I decided to throw together two recipes that SHOULD have been very good, had I been able to read the recipes correctly. Instead, I ruined the soup by throwing the lime garnish in too early, and giving it a terrible after taste, and I put way too much baking soda in the cornbread, making it edible only with loads of butter and honey.

Terribly Pathetic. Pathetic on an astronomical scale. I should just fall over in the kitchen from now on and stop trying. really.

Otherwise, we had an enjoyable evening. We had some great laughs, dumbfounded each other with our scattagory skills (who knew that Elizabeth and I would both think of Setee?!?)
So enjoyable, we forgot to take pictures.

Still, the meal was a major letdown. Thank goodness they brought dessert.
I am sorry Paul, I am sorry Elizabeth.
Next time, Arthur's cooking. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment