Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pillows!

Yes, another project! While I explained earlier that our living room is all in cool tones, I felt like we need a pop of color as well as some appropriate sized pillows for our old and over sized couches. Thanks to my mother's quilting and textile addiction, I am nearly always in a fabric store of some kind, and constantly checking out cool fabric. The latest and greatest store is the Cotton Cupboard, which just opened this summer, and already has some pretty awesome selections of unique and beautiful fabrics for the quilter, or in my case, pillow-maker in all of us.


Fabric! Bright! Happy!


My super awesome mom, who can do anything. Originally I wanted to do this project as my first sewing project, but we made it a little more complicated than beginner sewing level.



How? With welting-- which is that cord like border around the pillow's seam that gives it a nice finished look. It isn't easy to create, especially when you don't really sew.



I don't recommend cats with any kind of sewing project. They think that you got out this nifty fabric all for them-- and the welting is their special toy. Beware of kitties. Seriously.



Finished Pillows! Don't they look fantastic?! I couldn't be more thrilled!



Okay, I had to include a close-up just in case you didn't believe me. They are awesome! 

4 comments:

  1. Ooohh very nice touch! I'm proud of your craftiness. Some people get crafty when they get married - others (ahem, me) take a little bit longer. I have some very ambitious ideas for when little lady arrives. Thank goodness for maternity leave and thank goodness for my mom coming to stay in Provo to teach me how to sew and be a mom!

    xo love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go!! Love all your projects. And the mirror looks great! So does your hair. Thanks for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel-- thanks! I'll take a hair compliment whenever I can get it... I need to switch it up anyway. And, the pillows and mirror were really fun.

    Wendy--
    I always thought you were very good at crafts-- or making something seem brand new shiny and bright. I've been meaning to call you-- I have some ideas for your little lady that I wanted to run past you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, thanks you guys....now I have to make pillows just like this for Michelle!!! She loves them...good job!

    ReplyDelete