Tuesday, September 7, 2010

best weekend EVAR!

No seriously, it was one of the best weekends we've had in quite some time.

We got invited to go camping. I can honestly say, I wasn't that excited about it.

But I was wrong. Soooo wrong. Because with a little cool weather, this is what greeted us:


Gorgeous. I was dumbfounded. Camping here didn't seem like it would be a possibility in Texas. We were invited for the whole weekend, but we couldn't get subs for nursery, so we only went down friday and saturday. It was so much fun, even the simple things like playing the guitar, cooking over the fire, and just staying up late and talking, knowing that the only thing to do in the morning was sleep in! 


Round the campfire with the girls.



Amy, Kjersti, Me, Amara, Michele and Rhe. Oddly enough, everyone except Kjersti (and Amara of course) went to girls camp together as youth. I would have never guessed that 10 years later, we'd still be friends, and that we would still be camping together.





This is the view from the top of that hill in the first picture. Awesome. The hike reminded me of how out of shape I am. But the view was well worth it.



As my sister in law would say "PRESH"


On the way down the hike, we made a stop in a very nice cool cave, that you kind of had to shimmy through the entire way. This was the entrance.



This is Michele being a cave monster. Her husband is afraid of caves. Yup. Clearly, she thinks its worth mocking, and I'm kind of glad she did, because we now have this picture.


In front of me.... hubby dearest.


Behind me, Michele and Amy. Goobers.



Stud Muffin.


Amy's husband Steve, who was our fearless leader.


Freaking out in the cave. (I look awful, but it's a funny pic)



Hiking down-- way easier than going up!

Sadly, I have no more pictures for the rest of the weekend. We had a fantastic time swimming in that river, and then nice and refreshed, taking off for the ride home. I totally slept the whole way.

Then monday, we hung out with our friends Rawle and Krystelle at Barton Springs. No pics there either. Lame. 

We ended up having dessert at the Goodalls that night with the family and watching the Bosie State vs. Virginia Tech game. 

What did I tell you? Perfect weekend. How could you cram in more friends, more fun, more excitement? Answer: You can't. Sorry, we win. :)

Lastly, I'd like to throw out a shout out to Kjersti and Nate who made the whole weekend possible. Thank-you! And just for you, a little video. (I'm still figuring out my new phone, so the video wasn't as high quality as I wanted it to be... but you get the idea)


3 comments:

  1. As you sister in law might also say, "jeals"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun & wished yall could have stayed the whole time. I didnt make that connection about all of us at camp 10 years later, thats pretty awesome. We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a blog!!! I'm glad i found it!! !It's great!

    ReplyDelete