Monday, July 26, 2010

Surprise!

So, I might have mentioned that my parents both turn 50 this summer. Unfortunately for them, both of their birthdays fall on other important family events-- Ian graduated on my dad's birthday, and Harrison will get married on my mom's.

So, I decided to throw them a surprise party NOT on either of their birthdays to show them a little love. Because 50 is a big deal. And you shouldn't have to share it with someone's graduation or wedding.

It turned out great, and I was very fortunate to have our good family friends the Hazens loan out their house to host. Because my apartment will not hold more than 10 peeps.


Mom's Initial Reaction

Out of focus, but this is a better surprise face.









This is my Dad lighting the two candles on their cake with the coolest lighter EVER-- it's shaped like an automatic weapon. Only at the Hazen's.



The Birthday Kiddos.

And I have to brag on myself for just a minute. I really wanted to send out a cool invitation...so I designed one myself, using Adobe Illustrator. This is how it turned out.


I'm super proud. I'd like to take an Illustrator class to further my skills because this was just plain fun.

3 comments: