Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

For those unaware, about a week and a half ago, my father turned 50!


Here are some things that I love about my dad that you might not know:

* He knows by heart and can sing along to every Lyle Lovett song out there. *



* He perpetually talks to himself. You might be having a conversation with him, while he is also having a conversation with himself and thinking about striking up another conversation, with you guessed it, himself. I've taken on this habit, and I, like him, use the justification "People who talk to themselves are superiorly intelligent"*


* My dad has a perpetual thirst for knowledge. He's constantly reading books and articles regarding science and history that most people would pass off as "boring." On the contrary, it makes him that much more interesting-- I've yet to come across a subject that my dad knows nothing about-- he can talk to you about anything. *


* My dad is the most disciplined human being I personally know. That's saying a lot. I know quite a few people who are seriously disciplined-- but Dad takes the top prize. My dad makes goals, figures out what he needs to get them accomplished, and does them. He never waffles, or does anything as he puts it, "half-assed."


* He also is an incredible gardener. He can feed the masses with what he grows every year. Someday I'd like to see him wear one of those wide brimmed hats "gardeners" are always wearing in the movies. (Think about it and you'll know exactly what I mean)*



*He gives excellent advice and is the epitome of a kind, loving father. He sets the bar in what a dad should know about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and he's an example of how we should live our lives according to the gospel.*

Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment: