Sunday, June 13, 2010

My brother Ian... a great guy.

Also about a week and a half ago, my brother Ian graduated from high school. It was a little weird going back to the same place I graduated and watching almost verbatim what happened to me when I graduated. (Oddly enough, I can't remember Harrison's graduation at all. I know I flew home that weekend, but I don't think I went...)

And as the kids with colored tassels walked up there, and people went on and on about the kids with special scholarships and who are already solving the oil spill crisis, I thought, how silly. I was one of those kids and it has not made a lick of difference what I did in high school. I also thought about how the ceremony hardly highlights what kind of people were graduating and that a piece of paper saying that you passed your classes doesn't really do a person like my brother justice.

So, I thought I'd brag on my little brother for a moment, because he deserves it:


Ian can make anyone, anywhere, at a moments notice, laugh like they've never laughed before. He's the funniest person I know, and if I had a quarter for all the times, I've nearly had milk/juice/soda/other liquids launch out of my nose because of him, I'd be a rich woman.



Ian doesn't judge. He has friends from across all walks of life, and he respects them for who they are. He's constantly reminding me to judge others less, and to be more kind to others around me.



Ian kicks ass at the guitar. Literally, within the past year and a half, he's taught himself how to play and he can play any kind of music well, at the drop of a hat. They had some band at his graduation, and I felt sorry for them, because those kids thought they were good. Ian is way better.








Ian has personality. Serious personality. Ian is a good guy, but what I like about him is that you feel like things are real with him. So many kids are good kids, but have personalities like limp vegetables. Not Ian. He gets along well with everyone, and still stays true to himself.



Happy graduation little bro. You no longer have to go to class. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment