Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Paint!

Since we've renegotiated our lease and we'll be staying in our apartment another year, I feel like it is time to paint. Just two walls, which will take an afternoon and make our place look so much better. Currently, Arthur is against me on this color scheme:


The darkest color matches our couches, and the second, our mirror. I want to paint the walls, (see them here, the one with our mirror, and the one with the big painting in the dining room) that light dove gray. Still a neutral, but it will make the crown molding pop, and relax the eye in the whole space. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can get the recessed wall that light sand color.

What other color schemes would work and not overwhelm our place?

I like the gray in this:


Is it so wrong that I enjoy gray so much? It's such a good neutral! 

How about the grey (second from the left) in this one? Its a little more intense, a bit more taupe-y.



Clearly, I can't break away from grey. Do I need help? I don't think so.

Also, does anyone else think it's nutty to paint walls in an apartment? It's an afternoon's worth of work. So far my mother is really the only one who thinks this is a fabulous idea. (Pout face)

P.S.-- all images copyright color-collective.blogspot.com, a truly fabulous blog.

4 comments:

  1. i love the last one the best - and i don't think it's crazy at all!!! Enjoy your space - you're the one that has to live in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a reason we're friends. I LOVE grey and I don't think there is anything wrong with painting a rental place. That's the first thing we did when we moved into our place. You hit the nail on the head: it takes an afternoon and completely transforms the place. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. PAINT! Do it. You will feel tons better. I think it's the only way to mark your territory in a temporary living situation.

    Also, if you just can't pry yourself away from the grey, I say go light - just give it that hint or go with a grey that brings another tone with it like the last one. I see purple in there and that makes me happy!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the gray! We are thinking of going gray in our bedroom - but probably a warmer green/gray. I think it is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete